Wednesday 30 April 2008

Views on being too religious


I think religion is a great way of leading a good moral life. However, I would never force my religion upon someone else. If they wanted to join a religion or were thinking about it, they would have asked about my religion themselves or did their own research. It annoys me when Jahova’s Witnesses come knocking on my door and pester me to join their faith. I believe everyone has the right to make up their own minds and follow a religion that they strongly believe in. If they don’t believe in that religion, then what is the point in them being faithful members of that faith? It also annoys me when certain faiths believe their religion is the right one to follow, as opposed to others. To be honest, I find this quite insulting to my own religion. If I choose to follow my faith, then I should be allowed to do so, and not be accused of being a sinner because I’m not following the faith that the person expects me to. It’s not like I’m worshipping the devil. Yes, I believe in God, but I just happen to believe in certain ideas of my own religion. I won’t follow a religion I don’t believe in because I won’t agree their ideas. I won’t be specific about this because I don’t want to offend anybody.
I also believe that a religion shouldn’t take over one’s life. One can follow their faith and also be free and be themselves. For example, I prey to God once everyday, but I still enjoy my life by going out and having fun, as long as I don’t harm anyone.

Link

http://atheism.about.com/od/jehovahswitnesses/a/SocietyControl.htm

No comments: